Dark Diamond Dragon Information
Baby - Juvenile - Adult - Epic - Egg
Preferring the caves and grottos of the Island, it is a rare sight to see a Dark Diamond Dragon in the open. While in darkness, their crystalline bodies light their way through the caves and tunnels of their homes. In the light, they shine with a glory unlike any refined gem.
|Rarity: Super Rare|
Habitat: Fiend Pit, Diamond Fields, Blue Lagoon
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: 900
Selling Price: 100
Incubation: 15 hours
Exp Gained: 375
|Lv. 1||180||Lv. 10||810|
|Lv. 2||214||Lv. 11||954|
|Lv. 3||244||Lv. 12||981|
|Lv. 4||345||Lv. 13||1,007|
|Lv. 5||394||Lv. 14||1,035|
|Lv. 6||435||Lv. 15||1,125|
|Lv. 7||565||LEVEL CAP|
|Total Food Required for Next Level|
|Lv. 1||Lv. 2||Lv. 3||Lv. 4||Lv. 5||Lv. 6||Lv. 7||Lv. 8|
|Lv. 9||Lv. 10||Lv. 11||Lv. 12||Lv. 13||Lv. 14||Lv. 15|
The Dark Diamond Dragon is obtainable:
- For a limited time during an unspecified window of availability.
- By purchase at the market for 900 .
- By earning 12,500 leaderboard points during the Dark Times Leaderboard Event.
- Note: You cannot acquire the Dark Diamond Dragon through breeding.
The Dark Diamond Dragon has special behavior when it is used as a breeding parent. Unlike dragons with only basic types, it will obey the following rules:
- When the Dark type is alone in the pool, it will add pure dragons of its component types (Black and Red) to the list of possible outcomes, but it will not split into its component types. When Dark is included in the pool along with one or more other types, the Dark type can split into Black and Red. However, if it is split, then Dark is no longer in the pool for the duration. Thus, the presence of Dark in a pool will either add the Dark type if it does not split or the Black and Red types if it does split. There is one exception to this rule, and that is when both parents possess the Dark type. In this case, Dark can contribute both itself and its split colors at the same time.
- Although the Dark type can split into Black and Red for breeding purposes, it still only counts as one type. This is important when considering the number of types for type-amount-dependent dragons such as the Diamond Dragon. Breeding a Water Dragon with a Dark Diamond Dragon only counts as three types: Dark, Diamond, and Blue.
- When a breeding pair contains a total of two types - Diamond and a minor type (Pink, Black, Mythic, Cosmic, Fairytale, Stone, Dino, Rainbow, Gemstone, Zodiac, Tropic, Royal, Champion, and Metal) - you can get the following:
- A pure dragon of that type (ex: Cosmic Dragon for the Cosmic type)
- A pure dragon of its component types (ex: Fire and Light for the Pink type, which is made up of Red and White)
- Any currently available hybrid that can be bred using those two parents, with or without the minor type splitting (There are many possibilities for an individual pair; check the Breeding Calculator to see them)
- When a breeding pair contains Diamond and at least two other different types, Diamond is then treated as its own type under normal rules and any possible offspring using that pair of parents can emerge. To check the list of possible dragons using a particular pair of parents, use the Breeding Calculator.
- The Dark Diamond Dragon's design is based upon the Wizard Dragon's, although there are differences between the two.
- The Dark Diamond Dragon is the first Diamond Type Dragon to be classified as a Super Rare instead of an Ultra Rare.
- There is an error in the Dark Diamond Dragon's description. It says "grottos" instead of "grottoes".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.