Hopeless Dragon Information
Baby - Juvenile - Adult - Epic - Egg
Hopelessly Romantic, Hopeless Dragons really want to spend their valentine's day with a love one. The problem is that they never seem to to find anybody with the energy to see through to their loving cores. If only there were a match out there who could lead them to love!
Habitat: Passion Pit, Black Sands, Blue Lagoon
Available at: Level 17
Buying Price: 700
Selling Price: 100
Incubation: 8 hours
Exp Gained: 780
|Lv. 1||140||Lv. 10||657|
|Lv. 2||280||Lv. 11||692|
|Lv. 3||350||Lv. 12||713|
|Lv. 4||420||Lv. 13||727|
|Lv. 5||461||Lv. 14||742|
|Lv. 6||503||Lv. 15||763|
|Lv. 7||531||LEVEL CAP|
|Total Food Required for Next Level|
|Lv. 1||Lv. 2||Lv. 3||Lv. 4||Lv. 5||Lv. 6||Lv. 7||Lv. 8|
|Lv. 9||Lv. 10||Lv. 11||Lv. 12||Lv. 13||Lv. 14||Lv. 15|
The Hopeless Dragon is obtainable:
- For a limited time during an unspecified window of availability.
- By purchase at the market for 700 .
- By crafting using 2 Thornwaters after completing Chapter 2 in the Magical Mingle Dragon Tales Event.
- Note: You cannot acquire the Hopeless Dragon through breeding.
The Hopeless Dragon has special behavior when it is used as a breeding parent. Unlike dragons with only basic types, it will obey the following rules:
- When the Black type is alone in the pool, it will add pure dragons of its component types (Blue and Purple) to the list of possible outcomes, but it will not split into its component types. When Black is included in the pool along with one or more other types, the Black type can split into Blue and Purple. However, if it is split, then Black is no longer in the pool for the duration. Thus, the presence of Black in a pool will either add the Black type if it does not split or the Blue and Purple types if it does split. There is one exception to this rule, and that is when both parents possess the Black type. In this case, Black can contribute both itself and its split colors at the same time.
- Although the Valentine type is included in the Hopeless Dragon's types, it is recessive and has absolutely no impact on breeding. It is mainly ignored, and contributes neither to the pool nor to breeding requirements, with the exception of type-amount-dependent dragons. Thus, the presence of the Valentine type along with only one other type in a breeding parent, will cause the dragon to use only the other type and act as a Single type dragon for breeding purposes (ex: Breeding the XO Dragon with a pure Pink type will act as two pure Pink type dragons).
- Although the Black type can split into Blue and Purple for breeding purposes, it still only counts as one type. This is important when considering the number of types for type-amount-dependent dragons such as the Diamond Dragon. Breeding a Water Dragon with a Hopeless Dragon only counts as three types: Valentine, Black, and Blue.
- The Hopeless Dragon's design is based upon the Firestorm Dragon's, although there are differences between the two.
- There are several errors in the Hopeless Dragon's description. It should read: "Hopelessly romantic, Hopeless Dragons really want to spend their Valentine's Day with a loved one. The problem is that they never seem to
tofind anybody with the energy to see through to their loving cores. If only there was a match out there who could lead them to love!"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.